THE ASSOCIATION FOR RELIEF OF INFIRMITY IN THE WEST OF SCOTLAND - Scottish Charity No: SC 014424

Our History

  • The Association was previously known as The Association for the Relief of Incurables in Glasgow and the West of Scotland.
  • The new name and a new Constitution was adopted on 28th September 2016.
  • The original Constitution was adopted in 1875.
  • The late Miss Beatrice Clugston established the Association originally for the purpose of establishing and maintaining homes for the relief of persons in Glasgow and the West of Scotland suffering from an incurable disease and the aiding of such persons in their own homes.
  • Over time the purposes of the Association have evolved such that the current objective is to help those suffering in poverty from contracted incurable diseases by awarding one-off grants and monthly grants.